Many people work hard to achieve clear and flawless skin. The market is flooded with creams to lighten the skin and lotions. However, these products contain harmful chemicals that can end up damaging your skin. Moreover, these products are expensive, too.
You can save yourself time and money by learning how to lighten skin naturally and permanently. Use these homemade tips from HealthyBrags for skin whitening that will brighten and lighten your skin tone.
How To Lighten Skin Naturally and Permanently
Here are the top 10 ways on how to lighten the skin naturally and permanently:
Yogurt, a byproduct of milk, has many nutrients that are good for the skin. It also contains lactic acid which has bleaching properties. The following measures are suitable for all skin types.
- Gently rub natural yogurt on your skin. Leave on for a few minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. Do this once a day for several weeks and you will notice a significant change in your complexion.
- Alternatively, mix one tablespoon of fresh yogurt with half a tablespoon of honey. Apply the mixture on your face and neck. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with water. Do this every day to improve your skin tone and complexion.
- You can also add a little lemon juice and some oatmeal to the yogurt to make a thick paste, and apply it as a mask. This remedy will also help keep your skin supple and hydrated.
Vitamin C is the most important ingredient in skin care which you can get in abundance from oranges. In addition, oranges have whitening properties that can lighten your complexion.
It has been found that drinking fresh orange juice regularly helps improve the overall texture of your skin as well as its flexibility.
- Mix two tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply it on your face and neck before going to bed. You can also apply this mixture on your hands and legs. Wash off after 20 to 30 minutes. Do this every day.
- Gram Flour
Gram Flour is one of the best ingredients for people who wish to lighten their skin tone. It contains various nutrients that help keep your skin in very good health.
Using the remedy below every other day will help remove excess oil from your skin while retaining the natural hydration of your skin.
- Mix a little flour of chickpeas with a small amount of water to make a thick pink paste. Apply on your face, hands and legs. Leave it until it dries then wash it with water.
Honey helps the skin bleach, while acting as a moisturizer. Dry skin is a common factor that contributes to an uneven complexion. Honey also has antibacterial properties that can help blend old age spots and acne scars.
- Apply pure honey to your face, leave it for a few minutes, then rinse with lukewarm water. This simple remedy will help you eliminate dead skin cells, making your skin appear brighter and cooler than ever before. Do this once a day.
- To make a skin lightening mask, mix one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon lemon juice, one tablespoon of milk powder, and a half teaspoon of almond oil. Mix well and gently apply to the skin. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Do this every other day.
The acid property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin and the large amount of vitamin C promotes new cells. In addition, lemons contain antioxidants that are very good for the complexion of the skin.
- Dip a cotton ball into the freshly squeezed lemon juice and apply it directly on your face. You can even rub a cut lemon directly on the affected skin and let the juice stick to the skin. Leave on for at least an hour, then wash your face with water. Do this once a day. This simple remedy will surely clear up your skin tone and can also prevent the development of scars on your face.
- Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture to the skin and leave it for half an hour. Wash with water. Do this once a day.
- Alternatively, mix one teaspoon of lemon juice, milk powder and honey. Apply to your skin and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes before rinsing. Do this every day or every other day.
- Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore the original color of your skin. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven complexion.
The cooling effect of aloe vera helps to regenerate new cells and rebuild damaged tissues, which is important for healthy skin.
This simple remedy with aloe vera can help lighten dark spots and improve your overall skin tone.
- Cut the outer layers of a leaf of aloe vera. Squeeze the thick substance, like jelly. Apply the gel thoroughly to your skin. Leave on for about 30 minutes, then rinse with water. Do this at least twice a day for two weeks.
Papaya is regularly used in various beauty treatments and can also be used to lighten your skin tone. Papaya is believed to contain natural bleaching properties and the various nutrients in it will make your skin shine with health.
- Eat the papaya as a fruit. The general cleaning properties of papaya cleanse the skin from impurities that might be causing it to darken.
- Rub the inside of the skin of a papaya on your face. Let dry. Then, wash your face with cold water and dry. This will give your skin a nice glow. Do this every day.
- Crush a ripe papaya and mix it with a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Massage the mixture on your face and neck. Leave on for at least 30 minutes before washing in cold water. You need to do this at least once a week to notice a visible change in your skin.
Turmeric is often used to improve the complexion of the skin. It helps to build the kind of melanin content to maintain a uniform complexion.
Also, turmeric has antiseptic and antioxidant properties that are good for the overall health of your skin.
- Mix turmeric powder and cream of milk to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on your skin. Allow to dry, then rinse with lukewarm water. When done regularly, this simple remedy is really effective for bleaching the skin.
- Alternatively, mix two teaspoons of chickpea flour, half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of lemon juice. Apply this mask and leave it for 20 to 25 minutes or until it becomes dry. Rub the dried mask and then rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
Cucumber ensures that your skin is firm as well as supple. Getting supple and firm skin allows you to get toned and lighter skin. Cucumber also has a cooling effect on your skin. It is suitable for all skin types.
- Place the cucumber slices directly on the dark areas of the skin that need a lightening treatment. Leave them for a few minutes, remove them and rinse your skin with lukewarm water. Do this twice a day.
- Grate a cucumber and mix it with honey to make a spot-reducing mask. Apply the mask on your face and neck. Leave on for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Do this twice a day for effective results.
- You can also mix one teaspoon each of lemon juice and cucumber juice. Apply on your face, leaving it on 15 to 20 minutes or until it dries. Wash with water. Do this once a day.
The best way to encourage the growth of new skin cells is to get rid of old skin cells. Oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
- Mix the oatmeal with tomato juice and apply the mixture on your face. Leave on for 20 minutes, then rinse with cold water. When rinsing, rub gently so that oatmeal can rub off the dead skin cells. Do this every day.
- Alternatively, mix a teaspoon of oatmeal, a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste. Apply on your face and let dry. Wash the dry mask with water. Do this once a day.
All of these homemade tips for skin whitening will help you lighten your skin tone. If you want a detailed step-by-step guide on how to lighten skin naturally and permanently, you can check out our recommended skin lightening guide.