Doctors often prescribe selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) or benzodiazepine (BZD) to treat panic attacks. However, some of these drugs can be addictive (such as BZD) and may give you undesirable side effects. Some people are totally against these kinds of drugs while others are seeking for herbal supplements for panic attacks. Whatever your situation is, its important to know how to cure panic attacks naturally. Remedies for panic attacks include of non-pharmaceutical treatments, cognitive behavioral techniques, relaxation techniques, herbal remedies and a lifestyle focused on maintaining health.
How To Stop Panic Attacks Naturally
Include the possibility of having a medical problem.
– Sometimes panic attacks can indicate the presence of another illness. It is therefore very important that you consult a health professional. You may consider and rule out the possibility that other diseases may contribute to the onset of panic attacks.
Consider treatment for mental health.
– If your panic attacks disrupt your life, affect your relationships with others or prevents you from performing certain tasks at work or at home, psychotherapy may help.
Surround yourself with people experiencing the same problem.
– By talking to people with the problem, you will somehow feel that you can take control of the situation more than they do. This will also allow you to find useful ways on how to stop panic attacks naturally. Group members can share the techniques that they use to deal with their panic or anxiety, how they manage these feelings as well as their successes. During these meetings, you can also talk to professionals who specialize in panic attacks.
Popular Remedies For Panic Attacks
Using cognitive behavioral therapy.
– Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most popular remedies for panic attacks because it is based on experience and observation. Its objective is to change the thinking of the patient in relation to his panic attacks in order to reduce general anxiety and thus reduce the likelihood of another panic attack.
How To Cure Panic Attacks Naturally
Try meditation in full consciousness.
– This technique allows you to focus intentionally on the present moment. It can be especially helpful to people who suffer from anxiety or panic attacks. Instead of worrying about being the victim of another panic attack or thinking about your past panic attacks, focus only on what you are conscious (what you see, hear and feel).
Relax your muscles.
– Progressive muscle relaxation is another technique on how to cure panic attacks naturally that teaches you to control the relaxation of all muscles of your body. This exercise can be especially useful when you you go through a time of great anxiety or when you are very stressed. In performing this exercise, you can reduce the probability of a panic attack.
– The fact in practicing deep breathing can be very effective in reducing anxiety associated with panic attacks. This technique also helps to reduce the pressure feeling.
Use relaxation therapy exercises.
– The connection to earth is used to manage anxiety or panic. These are useful when you feel strong emotions or you are a victim of powerful physiological reactions as a panic attack. They allow you to focus your attention on something else to help you manage strong emotions and pain. There are different types of connection to land exercises, including mental and physical techniques.
Herbal Supplements Panic Attacks
Ask about Kampo medicine.
– Before taking herbal supplements panic attacks, consult your doctor to inform you about the possible side effects. Also ask if the remedy might interact with medications you are already taking. Kami-Shoyo-san drugs and hange-koboku-to (TJ-16) are known to relieve panic attacks and anxiety.
Consider taking kava.
– This Polynesian plant is known for its soothing effects and has proven to be beneficial for people with mild to moderate anxiety. Consult your doctor before taking any herbal supplements panic attacks.
Consider taking inositol.
– This carbohydrate available in powder is beneficial for people suffering from panic attacks. Do not take this supplement without consulting your doctor.
Physical Health Remedies For Panic Attacks
Follow a good exercise program.
– Exercise, particularly cardiovascular exercises reduce panic attacks and anxiety. It serves as an outlet and frees both physical tension as emotional tensions.
Regulate your sleep cycle.
– Sleep disorders are very common in people suffering from panic attacks. If you are having trouble going to sleep or if you wake up several times during the night, anxiety can be one of the contributing factors.
Limit the intake of stimulants.
– Caffeine, nicotine and cocaine are stimulants that can increase your anxiety and promote panic attacks. Consume as little as possible or completely stop taking it in order for these remedies for panic attacks to work.
Limit alcohol consumption.
– If you are prone to panic attacks, it is risky to drink alcohol, because as a depressant and it seems to calm you to decrease your anxiety. However, the effects are temporary and can not offer a long term solution. People suffering from panic attacks and anxiety are more likely to develop an addiction, particularly to alcohol and may become alcoholics.
How To Cure Panic Attacks Naturally
The heart beating at full speed, heat waves throughout the body, feel stifling, a victim of a panic attack is overwhelmed by intense and uncontrollable feelings. When one has lived a crisis, it is easy to recognize the symptoms. At that moment, it is important to control his anxiety not to get overwhelmed. Anna Gibson Steel explains some simple techniques on how to cure panic attacks naturally without side effects. Click here to see her guide in our 60 Second Panic Solution Review.